Thursday, January 04, 2007

Dear Surgeon General: You Don't Make No Sense.

So I smoke. A lot, actually - I'm like a walking talking chimney at times, it seems. If it weren't for pesky things like working, sleeping, and evil bans on smoking indoors, I would likely smoke 24/7, at least for the year or so I imagine it would take for such a course of action to snuff out my feeble flame.

Anyway, I was looking at my most recent pack of cigarettes just a moment ago (Camel Filters, this one is a fancy "art pack" that features the art of a fellow from Hastings, UK - it's actually pretty neat art), and I noticed that the Surgeon General's Warning is a little unclear:

"Quitting Smoking Now Greatly Reduces Serious Risks to Your Health."

Good to know, really. However, I'm a little confused - are you saying that quitting smoking NOW reduces these serious risks to my health, as in before it didn't? If so, why? Did you just make these risks up or create them? Is it very ethical to create serious health risks? What kind of sick game are you playing with us? Or are you saying that if I quit smoking right now, that will reduce these serious risks that you may or may not have created, whereas if I quit, say, tomorrow I'm shit out of luck?

Either way I'm not going to quit, I'm just asking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home