Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Hope I die before I get old.

Ah, youth.

As a young'un, I fully intended that I wouldn't live to see my 30th birthday - it seemed my destiny and my birthright. In hindsight, it seems that if I were an artist worth my salt I would have shuffled off this mortal coil before I was 30 years old. But no - I had to go and get married for 4.5 years, which I'm now convinced threw the whole shebang off-kilter.

Interesting tidbit - the following geniuses died either prior to 30 or not long after: Nick Drake - 26, Kurt Cobain - 27, Jeff Buckley (whose own father, Tim, died when he was 28 - cue the freaky music)- 30, Elliott Smith - 34.

I'm now 37 and will be 38 all too soon. And I've not lived a careful or healthy life. I won't make a list, but suffice it to say that I've done enough stupid things, put enough horrible things into my body (hell, I still drink like a fish and smoke like a bloody chimney), and damaged myself enough that by all rights I should be outta here.

Which leads me to believe - no, make that fear, that I'm possessed with a Keith Richards-like constitution. I'm a cockroach and I cannot die.

Bugger.

4 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger squab said...

Well, some of us kind of like having you around. Even if you DON'T tell us about your frickin' blog.

You forgot Jim Morrison and Janis Joplin.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger SPG said...

What she said.

Plus, don't make me kick your ass.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger C \m/ K said...

Squab, I dislike both Morrison and Joplin, so they were deliberate omissions.

And did I tell you that I have a blog? I totally do.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger C \m/ K said...

Dear SPG:

You and what army? Please.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home