Monday, July 14, 2008

Fear and Loathing in Titletown, USA?

I watched the interview on the internet(s) -- I couldn't commit to it 100% at its original airtime because it conflicted with a new Bordain episode, and I love me some Bordain.

I actually think Brett came off very well in the interview -- and I also know it was a controlled environment, so he wasn't ever going to come across any other way than exactly as he wanted to, so this was actually a good thing.

He understands they've moved on (my hope is that in tomorrow's episode he comes out and says he doesn't want to mess things up for Rodgers). He certainly seems to feel that he wasn't given due time to think things over -- and I think that's a valid complaint, really. Not that I would have let him vacillate until July either, but at least it's a concrete point of divergence. I'm not going to critique the man's argument, ferfucksake -- as has been stated before, I'm a bit of a fan.

We've now heard from both parties, more or less directly. Blood is still being spilled. The question now is who will come in with the salve. If I was Brett, I think I'd want to be That Guy. I'd say that even though I felt rushed, I understand that I set things in motion with my retirement that can't be undone. I'd say that I think Aaron Rodgers has the potential to lead the Packers for many years to come, and that I absolutely wish him well.

Then I'd say that I still want the option to lead a football team, and I'd request face-to-face negotiations to see how we could make that happen, for the best interests of everyone involved.

That's what I would do.

When all of this is over, we'll get to the Cubs. Pray that it drags out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home