Monday, February 12, 2007

We Should Meet About That.

Another thing they love here at the P.O.? Meetings. LOVE 'em. If there's any reason to have a meeting they'll do it, and woe to you if you can't find a good excuse not to attend.

Today's example: I was "encouraged" to attend a policy-related meeting (occurs weekly) that I normally avoid (using a pre-placed rationale that I spent some time putting in place so that I wouldn't have to come up with a new reason to skip it every single week) like the plague. It was intimated to me that there were some important questions about my project and it was important for me to be there to answer those important questions. Right. First off: there were no important questions, just one nebulous question that was so poorly worded that I first had to translate it into English before I could realize how utterly silly it was (and that we'd already answered it FOUR times).

Here's a sampling of my notes from the rest of the meeting (some words and names have been changed and/or omitted, just for shits and giggles):

Absolutely ZERO impact on the project - why am I here?

Gibberish - dude makes less than no sense at all.

More shit I don't care about.

Brilliant waste of an hour's worth of my day - one weird question I could have answered over the fuckin' phone.

[name removed]'s babbling about something - I don't know what she's saying, but her voice reminds me of that fucker who worked at the chiropractor's office. Now I want to punch her.

Oh, shit - they're whining about what to CALL it.

[name removed] does look better as a blonde. Who knew.

If I had a straw, I could totally shoot a bunch of spitwads and get 'em caught in his beard. That'd be sweet.

[name removed] really is awfully pretty. It's a shame, really.



Another day in paradise. Pass the Kool-Aid, pronto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home