Thursday, February 08, 2007

Count to ten... count to ten... murder is illegal... count to 10...

It begins. Or rather, it continues.

That's right - forget the TV ads or the tie-ins on your favorite show, in the internet age there are so many more ways to be harrassed about Valentine's Day.

As I type this, I'm just finished deleting 3 V-Day related SPAM emails - one from Open Table (I reserved through them at a couple restaurants back when I had someone to take to dinner - so nice of them to make sure I don't forget that I blew that opportunity), one from Blue Mountain (I send my mom e-cards sometimes - sue me), and one from Minnesota Public Radio reminding me of Mark Wheat's "Greatest Love Songs of All Time" program - from Hell's heart I stab at thee, Wheat!

I know, I know - I myself have already explained how to survive this mad season, right here. Doctor, heal thyself.

Ah, well - I offer a hearty and sincere "Sleinte" to all my friends and their significant others this Valentine's. May you enjoy it half as much as I loathe it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home