Monday, March 19, 2007

Let's Try That Again, Shall We?

Long time readers of this blog will remember that some time ago I had set up a MySpace page for my band, Jim Jones Trio - and that page was unceremoniously deleted by the fine folks at MySpace with out even a howdy-do. My theory at the time was that they thought I was trying to infringe on the copyright rights of another artist (or perhaps artists) called "Jim Jones" - I mean, it's not the most uncommon name in the world, and though most anyone should be able to tell that we're referring to the Reverend who engineered the Jonestown Massacre, it's a reasonable hypothesis. At least as good as any other hare-brained idea I could come up with.

Well, I finally got around to giving it another go. This time I decided to be a bit more clever and give the page a barely-related name - you know, try and fly under the radar a bit. I'm (cautiously) pleased to say that it seems to have worked - the page is still up, and thus far all is going smoothly.

I invite all of you who are so inclined to check it out: Jim Jones Trio on Myspace. It's intended (for now) to serve both as an initial introduction to the band, and also as a little experiment to see if people would enjoy tagging along in the creative process. There are 4 rough demos of tunes we'll be recording, which will hopefully begin being replaced in the not-too-distant future with the proper recorded versions of the tunes as we complete them.

As always, enjoy - or not. Your choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home