Monday, March 26, 2007

This, I have to admit, looks hopeful.

Per CNN, looks like the Protestants and Catholics in No. Ireland are set to try what is, at worst, a pretty good idea; and more importantly, it's an Irish solution for an Irish problem.

More significantly, Paisley and Gerry were in the same room for the first time, well, ever. That blows my mind, right there.

Now, if the Brits would just get out of there, I might allow for a little cautious optimism.

::End of serious portion of this post::

In barely-related news, I have a full beard.


(the rest of me was cropped for everyone's protection)

I grew it for the hell of it, and I think it's served that nearly-not there purpose quite well. Also, it's bothered some people, and I enjoy that.

Now stay with me, because here's where things get a little hairy (pun totally intended) - while at my local pub (and quite possibly the best place in the whole wide world) last Thursday, a general concensus was formed about the following: What with the beard and my "Macy's Hat" - which, again, looks basically like this but beat up, I rather resembled a sort of Irish Castro or something.

And that's when it hit me - the thing I can do at the end of my life - the totally fucking epic thing. I could go to Ireland and set up a new Marxist state - one that works, dammit. Hell, they saved civilization, ferchrissake - they could totally do the whole Marxist State thing, and do it right!

I know, I know - you can't just up and do something like that, takes planning, yadda yadda yadda. I've got some time to plan it, y'all - like at least 10 or 15 years.

Yeah.

5 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger SPG said...

Sweet jesus, I leave for two months and this is what happens? I'm with Rebecca on this one.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Matt said...

They didn't save civilization by buying into Karl's joke.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger C \m/ K said...

You all lack vision. It's a bit sad, actually.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Sriracha said...

I say go for it, but get your start in the Republic. I've got a friend you can stay with and I know a good mechanic.
The wild goose flies over Kilkenny at half-ten.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger C \m/ K said...

See, Sri knows a good idea when she sees one.

Mmmm... Kilkenny. That's some good drink, I'll tellyouwhut.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home