Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I am afraid of my lunch.

For no particular reason, I decided that today for lunch I wanted to get a salad.

And I friggin' did it, y'all. I got a salad. Specifically, I went to Au Bon Pain* and got a steak and gorgonzola salad -- I figured that including the meat might reduce the shock to my system.

It's huge. Seriously, it's a massive trough of greens, croutons, tomatoes, mandarin orange slices, and gorgonzola. Huge, I'm telling you.

It's segregated -- everything's in its own spot. I'm not sure why this is, but it makes me uncomfortable.

Did I mention that it's huge?

I don't know how to eat this thing -- should I start by breaking down the walls of segregation, and allow the various components to mingle? Should I just choose my favorite thing and eat that, then go through each other component in turn?

I should have thought this over more before making my purchase -- this is too much to deal with over lunchtime. Dammit, what have I got myself into?

Wish me luck, folks -- I only have an hour to figure this mess out.


*normally I wouldn't go here -- for one they've got a snooty name, and for another, it's a bit pricey. BUT, it seemed a good choice, what with me getting a salad and all.

3 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, Blogger Elise said...

Did you survive it? Enquiring minds want to know!

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger C \m/ K said...

I did survive it, but just barely.

Lesson learned.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger SPG said...

I HEART that salad. But I still don't miss being downtown thus forced to eat such things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home